This Level 1 Food Safety course is designed to improve the food safety knowledge and skills of learners and also provide an understanding of the principles of food safety. Course also provides you ability to know how to apply the knowledge gained to prevent food poisoning and food complaints. This level 1 Food Safety course is most of all for workers who do not handle or either take part in the preparation of high risk or pre – packaged foods.
LEVEL 1 FOOD SAFETY IN CATERING
This Level 1 Food Safety – catering course combines a number of practices to reduce health hazards. These include above all premises hygiene, personal hygiene, risk control, pest control and waste management. Level 1 Food Safety course is about minimising the level of potential hazards in a food catering setting.
MODULE 1 – Food safety law and your responsibilities
- What is Food Safety?
- Food Safety Legislation
- Corporate Liability & Due Diligence
- HACCP Principles
- Premises Hygiene Standards
- Personal Hygiene Standards
- Cross Contamination and Reporting
- Food Safety Enforcement Action
MODULE 2 – Control of hazards from delivery to service
- Hazards from Delivery to Service
- Contamination Hazards
- Food-Borne Diseases, Causes, Symptoms and Illnesses
- Food Poisoning, Sources, Symptoms and illnesses
- Food Packaging and Containment
MODULE 3 – Risk control and preventing contamination
- Food Poisoning – Its Control and Prevention
- Principles of Safe Storage
- Preservation Methods
- Temperature Control
- Cooking, Hot Holding and Re-Heating
- Food Premises and Equipment
- Safe Storage and Use of Chemicals
- Safe Cleaning and Use of Disinfection
MODULE 4 – Food pests and control, food premises, equipment and
food handlers and personal equipment
- Food Pests
- Personal Hygiene Practices
Our online training courses meet:
- United Kingdom as well as European Union Legal requirements
- Approved by the Royal Society for the Prevention of Accidents
- Are online courses with assessment and without time limits for completion
- Unique High Definition video, tutor led training with audio
- On completion you are free to download your certificate as often as you like
- If you fail to achieve a pass, then continue until you do. There will be no extra cost to you…and that’s guaranteed!
Additionally, at the end of the course learners will also take an online multiple choice assessment test with a pass mark of 75%. These online multiple choice questions are marked simultaneously so you will instantly know whether you have passed the course. However, if you don’t pass, don’t worry! In that case, you can review the course material and take the assessment again as many times as you need in order to pass and at no extra cost. In the meantime, of course we are providing customer service and technical support as well.
Once assessment completed, you will be able to download and print your certificate as many times as you like.
Online / distance courses (no attendance)
You have 7 days to be able to cancel online/distance bookings on this fire course. In fact, this also includes any of our other online training courses made through Pennine Training Services.
If your role involves directly handling or preparing high-risk foods next you will need to do is to take our LEVEL 2 FOOD SAFETY COURSE in order to comply with food handlers’ legal obligations. Click HERE to go to the Level 2 Food safety Courses.
Otherwise, you are able to chose any other course we offer that will fit your needs by clicking the on button below.
Our RoSPA approved courses are owned by VideoTile Learning Ltd and are distributed under licence.
Copyright VideoTile Learning Ltd © 2011 – 2019