The Level 1 Food Safety is designed for the purpose of improving the food safety knowledge and skills of learners and provide good understanding of the principles of food safety. Our goal is to give you awareness of the dangers that poor food safety standards pose, as well as covering how food safety risks actually arise and how to control and prevent them. The level 1 Food Safety courses are for workers who do not handle or take part in the preparation of high risk or pre-packaged foods.
LEVEL 1 FOOD SAFETY IN RETAIL
This Level 1 Food Safety – retailing course combines a number of practices which as a result will give you a good understanding and practical working knowledge on how to reduce health hazards. Learners will have a chance to learn about premises hygiene, personal hygiene, risk control, pest control and equally important waste management. This course is about rising awareness of the potential risks in preparing and handling food and to observe the highest standards of food safety in order to minimize that risk in retail setting.
For the above reasons, by completing this course you will be making much safer environment and also appreciate the fact that you can apply what you have learned at home.
MODULE 1 – Food safety law and your responsibilities
- What is Food Safety?
- Food Safety Legislation
- Corporate Liability & Due Diligence
- HACCP Principles
- Premises Hygiene Standards
- Personal Hygiene Standards
- Cross Contamination & Reporting
- Food Safety Enforcement Action
MODULE 2 – Control of hazards from delivery to service
- Hazards from Delivery to Service
- Contamination Hazards
- Food-Borne Diseases, Causes, Symptoms & Illnesses
- Food Poisoning, Sources, Symptoms and illnesses
- Food Packaging & Containment
MODULE 3 – Risk control and preventing contamination
- Food Poisoning – Its Control & Prevention
- Principles of Safe Storage
- Preservation Methods
- Temperature Control
- Cooking, Hot Holding and Re-Heating
- Food Premises & Equipment
- Safe Storage & Use of Chemicals
- Safe Cleaning & Use of Disinfection
MODULE 4 – Food pests & control, food premises, equipment and
food handlers and personal equipment
- Food Pests
- Personal Hygiene Practices
Our online training courses meet:
- United Kingdom and European Union Legal requirements
- Approved by the Royal Society for the Prevention of Accidents
- Are fully online courses with assessment and no time limits to complete
- Unique High Definition video, tutor led training with audio
- On completion you are free to download your certificate as often as you like
- If you fail to achieve a pass, then continue until you do, at no extra cost to you…and that’s guaranteed!
Finally, at the end of the course learners will also take an online multiple choice assessment test with a pass mark of 75%. This online multiple choice questions are marked simultaneously so you will instantly know whether you have passed the course. However, If you don’t pass, don’t worry! In this case, you can take the test as many times as you need at no extra cost to you. In the meantime, we are providing customer service and technical support as well.
Food Safety Online / distance courses (no attendance)
You have 7 days to be able to cancel online/distance bookings on Level 1 Food Safety Course. In fact, this also includes any of our other online training courses made through Pennine Training Services.
Our RoSPA approved courses are owned by VideoTile Learning Ltd and are distributed under licence.
Copyright VideoTile Learning Ltd © 2011 – 2019