This Course is made with attention to improve the food safety knowledge and skills of learners and also make sure that everyone has instructions and training in food safety in a way that is appropriate. At the same time is the most cost-effective way to achieve compliance. The main reasons for food poisoning are ignorance, negligence as well as poor management and failing to have structured systems in place to ensure good practice is implemented. If you are a food handler, in that case you should keep in mind that the law requires you to keep up to date with food safety legislation. Yet, having a good understanding of food safety practices is not only a legal requirement but also essential in protecting the health of both consumers and food handlers. Ignorance is no excuse and cannot be used as a defense should you be subject due to prosecution.
Level 2 Food Safety in Retail
This Interactive Level 2 Food Safety in Retail course combine number of practices which as a result provide a basic knowledge and understanding with reference to food safety legislation, hazards from delivery to service, risk control, as well as information and regulations regarding pests, premises and peoples. As can be seen, this course is made with the attention to minimise the level of potential hazards in a food retail setting. If you apply the knowledge and skills you gained within the food retail business, then you will fulfil your responsibilities under the law and you should not be responsible for causing any food poisoning outbreak.
In this case, as a result of this course you will be making much safer environment and thus also appreciate the fact that you can apply what you have learned at home trough this courses.
Course content is also approved by RoSPA
Each of the Level 2 Food Safety courses are:
- United Kingdom and European Union Legal requirements
- Approved by the Royal Society for the Prevention of Accidents
- CPD Approved Course
- Are fully online courses with assessment and no time limits to complete
- Have unique High Definition video led training and audio
- Approximate completion time is 2 hrs
- On completion you are free to download your certificate as often as you like
- If you fail to achieve a pass, then continue until you do, at no extra cost to you…and that’s guaranteed
MODULE 1 – Food safety law and your responsibilities
- What is Food Safety?
- Food Safety Legislation
- Corporate Liability and Due Diligence
- HACCP Principles
- Premises Hygiene Standards
- Personal Hygiene
- Cross Contamination
- Principles of Food Safety Hazards & Risks
- Complaints and Complaints Management
- Food Safety Enforcement Action
- The Benefits of a Documented Food Management System
MODULE 2 – Control of hazards from delivery to service
- Hazards: Delivery Temperature and Vehicles
- Potential Hazards in Food Delivery
- Contamination Hazards
- Food-borne Diseases, Causes, Symptoms & Illnesses
- Food Poisoning, Sources, Symptoms & Illneses
- Allergens, Causes, Symptoms & Illnesses
- Cross Contamination
- The Importance of Personal Hygiene
- Food Packaging & Containment
MODULE 3 – Risk control and preventing contamination
- Food Poisoning – Its Control and Prevention
- Food-Borne Illness – Its Control & Prevention
- Principles of Safe Storage
- Preservation Methods
- Temperature Control
- Refrigeration, Chilling & Hot Holding
- Cooking, Hot Holding & Re-Heating
- Prevention of Cross Contamination
- Food Premises & Equipment
- Waste Management
- Pest Control
- Safe Storage & Use of Chemicals
- Safe Cleaning & Disinfection
MODULE 4 – Food pests & control, food premises, equipment and
food handlers and personal equipment
- Food Pests
- Personal Hygiene Practices
Our Level 2 Food Safety courses have been developed by industry specialist.
Additionally, at the end of the course learners will also take an online multiple choice assessment test with a pass mark of 75%. These online multiple choice questions are marked simultaneously so you will instantly know whether you have passed the course. However, if you don’t pass, don’t worry! In that case, you can review the course material and take the assessment again as many times as you need in order to pass and at no extra cost. In the meantime, of course we are providing customer service and technical support as well.
Once you complete the assessment, you will be able to download and print your certificate as many times as you like.
Online / distance courses (no attendance)
You have 7 days to be able to cancel online/distance bookings on Level 2 Safety Course. In fact, this also includes any of our other online training courses made through Pennine Training Services.
You are able to choose any other course we offer that might fit your needs by clicking the on button below.
Our RoSPA approved courses are owned by VideoTile Learning Ltd and are distributed under licence.
Copyright VideoTile Learning Ltd © 2011 – 2019