Level 2 Food Safety in Manufacturing
Why is completing a Level 2 Food Safety Course in Manufacturing important for food safety? In order to ensure that anyone working in food processing, manufacturing , food storage and packaging are supervised. Also to make sure that everyone has instructions and training in food hygiene and food safety in a way that is appropriate. Yet, understanding of food safety practices is not only a matter of legal need. In fact is also essential in protecting the health of both consumers and food handlers. The main reasons for food poisoning are either ignorance, negligence, poor management and failing to have structured systems in place to ensure whether good practice is implemented. If you are a food handler, then the law requires you to keep up to date with food safety legislation. So, in brief, ignorance is no excuse and thus unusable as a defense should you be subject to prosecution.
Who Should Take This Level 2 Safety in Manufacturing Course ?
These Interactive Level 2 Food Safety courses combine number of practices which as a result will provide a basic knowledge and understanding of wide range of things. These include risks, procedures and regulations associated with food safety hygiene within the catering industry. At the same time they provide a basic knowledge and understanding of food safety legislation, hazards from delivery to service and risk control. As well as information and regulations on pests, premises and people. Once you complete this course, you will have necessary information to control food safety hazards. Thus, you will be able to apply the whole knowledge you have gained within the food manufacturing business you work. Additionally, you will also fulfill your responsibilities under the law and therefore you should not be responsible for causing a food poisoning outbreak in any case.
In this case, as a result of this course you will be making much safer environment and thus also appreciate the fact that you can apply what you have learned at home trough this courses.
Each of the Level 2 Food Safety courses are:
- United Kingdom and European Union Legal requirements
- Approved by the Royal Society for the Prevention of Accidents
- CPD Approved Course
- Are fully online courses with assessment and no time limits to complete
- Have unique High Definition video led training and audio
- Approximate completion time is 2 hrs
- On completion you are free to download your certificate as often as you like
- If you fail to achieve a pass, then continue until you do, at no extra cost to you…and that’s guaranteed
For these reasons, this course is divided into modules and it also includes an assessment which comes after that.
MODULE 1 – Food safety law and your responsibilities
- What is Food Safety?
- Food Safety Legislation
- Corporate Liability and Due Diligence
- HACCP Principles
- Premises Hygiene Standards
- Personal Hygiene
- Cross Contamination
- Principles of Food Safety Hazards and Risks
- Complaints and Complaints Management
- Food Safety Enforcement Action
- The Benefits of a Documented Food Management System
MODULE 2 – Control of hazards from delivery to service
- Hazards: Delivery Temperature and Vehicles
- Potential Hazards in Food Delivery
- Contamination Hazards
- Food-borne Diseases, Causes, Symptoms and Illnesses
- Food Poisoning, Sources, Symptoms and Illneses
- Allergens, Causes, Symptoms and Illnesses
- Cross Contamination
- The Importance of Personal Hygiene
- Food Packaging and Containment
MODULE 3 – Risk control and preventing contamination
- Food Poisoning – Its Control and Prevention
- Food-Borne Illness – Its Control & Prevention
- Principles of Safe Storage
- Preservation Methods
- Temperature Control
- Refrigeration, Chilling & Hot Holding
- Cooking, Hot Holding & Re-Heating
- Prevention of Cross Contamination
- Food Premises & Equipment
- Waste Management
- Pest Control
- Safe Storage & Use of Chemicals
- Safe Cleaning & Disinfection
MODULE 4 – Food pests and control, food premises, equipment and food handlers
and personal equipment
- Food Pests
- Personal Hygiene Practices
Our Level 2 Food Safety courses have been developed by industry specialist.
Additionally, at the end of the course learners will also take an online multiple choice assessment test with a pass mark of 75%. These online multiple choice questions are marked simultaneously so you will instantly know whether you have passed the course. However, If you don’t pass, don’t worry! In that case, you can review the course material and take the assessment again as many times as you need and at no extra cost. In the meantime, of course we are providing customer service and technical support as well.
Once completed, you will be to download and print your certificate as many times as you like.
Food Safety Online / distance courses (no attendance)
You have 7 days to be able to cancel online/distance bookings on this course. In fact, this also includes any of our other online training courses made through Pennine Training Services.
Our RoSPA approved courses are owned by VideoTile Learning Ltd and are distributed under licence.
Copyright VideoTile Learning Ltd © 2011 – 2019